Black Rice Salad With Butternut
This recipe is full of flavours. And the pomegranate adds a nice twist to an amazing fall salad.
Keywords: salad, black rice, butternut salad
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a pot, bring 100 ml (0.4 cups) water and rice (quinoa) to a boil. Leave to cook over low heat for approx. 15 minutes, or until water has evaporated. Stir occasionally.
- Cut squash in pieces of approx. 1 cm (1/2 inch). Drizzle half of olive oil and season with chilli flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on a baking tray and bake on the middle rack for approx. 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix remaining olive oil with vegan butter, lime juice and vegan honey to create a dressing.
- Slice spring onion and mix with cooked rice, baked diced squash and dressing.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23g||35%|
|Saturated Fat g||0%|
|Trans Fat g|
|Total Carbohydrate 56g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber g||0%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs: