Tofu Starch Spreads
A filling food, perfect for cold weather!
They are prepared super quickly and the ingredients are easy to find. I add avocado because it is so creamy and counterbalances the tofu which is a bit heavy and a bit dry.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Tofu is broken into 3-4 and put in a bowl of water for 10 minutes, let the salt come out of it.
- It breaks and does not cut to have a larger surface in contact with water and to desalt a little faster.
- Cut into cubes mushrooms, onions and peppers.
- Fry with a little oil. Fry for about 3 minutes, until soft, but not quite.
- The tofu is broken into pieces of about 1-2 cm.
- Add flour and spices and mix.
- Stir in the fried vegetables.Fry in a little oil, over high heat and stirring often, until the tofu is browned.
- At the end, add the tomatoes and, if you wish, the cheese broken into smaller pieces.
- Fry the bread, rub with garlic, spread avocado and sprinkle with tofu.