Vegan Chocolate Cake
[[ recipeID=recipe-8kjbp5m0h, title=Vegan Chocolate Cake ]]
Vegan Chocolate Cake
A delicacy that you can prepare easily and quickly.
Keywords: chocolate cake, chocolate
- Prep Time: 1 hours 0 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hours 30 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 mins
- 420g flour
- 300g sugar
- 40g black cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 480ml hot water (or coffee)
- 1 can of coconut milk (400ml)
- 50g normal sugar
- 280g dark chocolate ( or vegan chocolate)
- 1 pinch of salt
- cocoa powder if needed
- 70g dark chocolate chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil (or other vegetable oil but not olive oil)
- Preheat the oven to 170C and line two trays with baking paper - 18cm in diameter were my trays, but trays with a larger diameter would also work, with the mention that you will not get 4 layers, but most likely two and more cream at middle. Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the top evenly into the two trays and bake until the toothpick test passes, around 30-35 minutes, but it is safest to check with a toothpick. You don't want an unripe countertop, but you don't want to bake it too long because it dries. When the top is baked, remove from the oven, allow to cool, level and cut each top in half.
Chocolate and coconut cream:
- Refrigerate canned coconut milk overnight. The next day, open the can and carefully drain all the liquid. Careful! Canned eumulsifiers, especially guar gum, may not separate and do not beat properly! What will remain canned is the fat of coconut milk, the richest part and what you will use for this cream. Put this mixture in a bowl, then add the chocolate and sugar. Put the bowl on the steam bath and melt the ingredients together.
- Take the bowl off the steam bath and let it cool for 3-4 hours. With an electric mixer, mix until the mixture becomes fluffy, aerated. If you don't think it's enough, add 1-2 teaspoons of cocoa. Fill the cake with this cream, but keep enough cream to cover it in a thin layer. Once the cake is filled and covered with cream, let it cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a steam bath or microwave, then add the oil and stir to blend. Allow the mixture to come to room temperature and pour over the cake, letting the icing drain on the edges. Serve the cake cold, decorated as desired.