[[ recipeID=recipe-7keo4lnaa1, title=Vegan Stuffed Peppers ]]
Vegan Stuffed Peppers
Here's how easy it is to prepare some peppers stuffed with fasting, according to a recipe that can't go wrong.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hours 10 mins
- Total Time: 1 hours 25 mins
- Prepare the peppers for the filling: Cut the “caps” of each pepper and clean the bottom of the seeds, using a teaspoon.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the chopped onion as small as possible, together with the chopped garlic.
- When the onion becomes translucent, add the diced mushrooms and stir continuously until the mushrooms change color completely.
- Add over 2-3 tablespoons of tomato puree and the rest of the ingredients: washed rice, grated carrot, finely chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
- Fill the peppers with this composition and place them in a heat-resistant tray.
- Next to them, pour the water combined with the rest of the tomato sauce, up to half their height.
- Place the pan with the stuffed peppers in the oven for 70-80 minutes, at 160 degrees, or until the peppers are browned.
- Turn them halfway through the cooking time and serve the stuffed peppers along with the polenta and a little dill sprinkled on top.